At Divergent Planning, we provide financial planning that evolves with your life. Based in Bethesda, Maryland, we are an independent Registered Investment Advisory firm partnering with mid-career professionals, pre-retirees, and federal government employees in Maryland, Virginia, Washington DC, and nationwide.
Here, you will not find financial advisors who are focused on selling you products that earn commissions. Nor will you find “financial planning” that is simply focused on your investments and ignores the other areas of your finances. We offer:
1. Fee-only, fiduciary services: As an RIA, we are legally obligated to put your best interests first. As a fee-only advisor, we avoid conflicts of interest by refusing to accept commissions for the services or products we recommend.
2. Adaptable financial planning: The most effective financial planning is not a static, one-time project. To have an impact, it should be an ever-changing, ongoing project that adjusts to the transitions of a client’s life. This proactive perspective is the kind of planning that we offer.
3. Ensemble approach: Not only will you work with a lead advisor, but you will also receive the benefit of a team of
advisors’ expertise. Each of our advisors will take part in the creation, management, and adjustment of your financial plan, so that the full breadth of your needs and goals are addressed.
4. Transparency: We are committed to transparency in everything we do on your behalf. Our fee-only structure means you will always know what you are paying for, and our technology will provide you a real-time picture of your
finances whenever and wherever you want it.
5. Accountability: We have developed processes so that you have the comfort of knowing that your next action items and next meeting are always on the calendar. When your financial plan requires you to complete certain steps, we will remain in contact with you to help ensure follow-through.
6. Tax planning: We will draw on our in-house expertise to integrate tax strategies with your overall financial plan, such as retirement account distribution strategies, tax loss harvesting, maximizing of deductions, and Roth conversions. We will also work with your CPA to discuss strategies and provide up-to-date information they need to complete your tax returns.
7. Planning for the long term: We have attained leading industry credentials to stay current on changes to laws,
rules, and trends so that we can better serve you. Those designations include the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor(SM) certifications. In addition, we have structured our firm so that our team will be here for you in the long term.